About Geek Circus

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Our blog Geek Circus; Samantha & Dylan: Mother and Son team that mesh together their love/obsessions of Gaming, Comics,TV Series, Movies, Books, Collecting, Observations, Photos, T-shirts & Cats. Ramblings. Dylan: Artist,"Passionate" Gamer, Toy Collector, Storyteller, Aspiring Video/Photographer, 16 Dragonborn Paladin, Fanboy; Gamer videos. Samantha: Women geek out too! Journalistic tendencies. My writing has been geared towards Geek Culture, interests from my childhood influenced by 60s,70s,80s. What I enjoy the most about geek culture is meeting interesting people, and telling their stories. X-Files!!!!

Friday 2 August 2013

Artist Feature: Citizen Nerd - Etsy

In my first Artist Feature, I established how I love artistic Nerdy/Geeky people and want to share their talent with Geekdom and beyond! This month my Artist Feature is a couple of lovely Ladies of the Etsy shop Citizen Nerd, I had the pleasure of connecting with them via Twitter.

I have fallen in love with Kate and Julie's energy and creative nerdiness!  They specialize in minimalist style paintings on canvas and scraping. Sherlock, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings are the favourite themes. But they also do Pokemon, Firefly and my absolute favourite and beautifully done, Celtic Knots. Their artwork is whimsical, simplistic and will fit in with any of your other collections, such as Game of Thrones. Even if you are not a fan of these genres, Kate and Julie do special orders on canvas as well. Below are a few sample of Kate and Julie's artistry from the Citizen Nerd Etsy shop.

Visit Citizen Nerd- Etsy Shop
Follow Citizen Nerd on Twitter
Like Citizen Nerd on Facebook



Square Celtic Knot Scraping
        
Firefly: Big Damn Heroes Painting



Pokemon Painting: GYARADOS
Doctor Who Creatures Scraping Print

I could be a little bit bias, because EVERYTHING they do I love so much. I hope you do as well!

Stay Shiny
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment