About Geek Circus

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Our blog Geek Circus; Samantha & Dylan: Mother and Son team that mesh together their love/obsessions of Gaming, Comics,TV Series, Movies, Books, Collecting, Observations, Photos, T-shirts & Cats. Ramblings. Dylan: Artist,"Passionate" Gamer, Toy Collector, Storyteller, Aspiring Video/Photographer, 16 Dragonborn Paladin, Fanboy; Gamer videos. Samantha: Women geek out too! Journalistic tendencies. My writing has been geared towards Geek Culture, interests from my childhood influenced by 60s,70s,80s. What I enjoy the most about geek culture is meeting interesting people, and telling their stories. X-Files!!!!

Saturday 30 March 2013

Table Toppings

Well as you may (or may not) know, This Saturday is International Tabletop Game Day, so that means there will be plenty of swords and sorcery to go around.

Now I personally am in the midst of not one, not two, not even three, BUT FOUR games at this point, Ranging from card games, to RPGs, and I would like to share these with you all.

Now first off, I play this one game, you may or may not be aware of, Yu Gi Oh. Yes, I prefer Yu Gi Oh to Magic the Gathering, mainly because...well, I aight to quick on the draw if you know what I mean, so when I have to remember things like Quick Play timing, and "Chaining" it tends to fill up a lot of the hard drive, if you get where I'm coming from, granted I do play one of the most hated and loved decks of all time Dark World Viruses, but it's still a lot to process. Besides I feel more confident attempting to beat 12 years at Yu Gi Oh, then 30 year old professional Magic players.

Now the second one is a game I have spoke of before, Dragon Age Table Top, which is of course, a very simple clone of Dungeons and Dragons, I'm not going to go into that much detail about it. (for more please refer to Dylan on Dragon Age Tabletop) But I will say as Game Master I have racked up my first two PC kills... *insert evil laughter here*

Now my third game, I have to thank my good friend Kurtis for...It's game he invented. He calls it Vortex, it's like some Dungeons and Dragons meet Borderlands meets Fallout game, and it's pretty cool, I'm a 9 foot tall Troll with Fists of Fury....ON FIRE! Yup, and by that standard the rest of the gameplay is pretty awesome, with almost total combat freedom, it is essentially a turn based mosh pit.

And finally...the king of the castle....Dungeons and Dragons, what more can I say. It's a game that we all know, with dungeons and....dragons, trolls, goblins and the like. The amount of dice can be a little overwhelming though. But it's still a game everyone should check out.

Now normally I'd try to leave with a witty retort, but there's dragons that need a slaying, so from me, Have an AWESOME INTERNATIONAL TABLETOP GAME DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment