About Geek Circus

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Our blog Geek Circus; Samantha & Dylan: Mother and Son team that mesh together their love/obsessions of Gaming, Comics,TV Series, Movies, Books, Collecting, Observations, Photos, T-shirts & Cats. Ramblings. Dylan: Artist,"Passionate" Gamer, Toy Collector, Storyteller, Aspiring Video/Photographer, 16 Dragonborn Paladin, Fanboy; Gamer videos. Samantha: Women geek out too! Journalistic tendencies. My writing has been geared towards Geek Culture, interests from my childhood influenced by 60s,70s,80s. What I enjoy the most about geek culture is meeting interesting people, and telling their stories. X-Files!!!!

Thursday 16 May 2013

Borderlands 2 *KRIEG THE PSYCHO* Dylan's Reveiw

Ever want a game where you can just...Go Nuts? Like hack and slash through enemies in a fit of FRENZY????

Well that game doesn't quite exist yet, But 2K got it pretty damn close in Borderlands 2 with it's latest DLC
Krieg the Psycho!!!!!!

First impressions from E3 were....AWESOME!!! I literally squealed with excitement. A split-personality BUZZ AXE wielding psychopath...That's playable!!!!! Naturally I waited patiently, and searched the Internet for clues.

KRIEG THE PSYCHO
What's out there is this: Krieg escaped a Hyperion Lab, (the BAD GUYS!!!!!!) and has a very Ghost Rider approach to the world; protecting the weak and innocent and hunting the evil. He also has an...Axe to Grind with Handsome Jack (main antagonist) for his role in the experiments that may or may not have made Krieg who he is today.

Now that he's out, I've had a chance to play him and I must say...It's a mixed bag for me. For all the things that are awesome, there is a few low points.

He has total ground control with very little enemies who can, without a doubt beat him. Now I am currently heavily invested in his "Mania" Skill Tree, which is all about melee. Now this isn't really an issue until you start having to deal with large groups, fast moving, or airborne enemies. Bosses don't stand a chance, as Krieg's "Buzz Axe Rampage" shreds any ground base forces and gives him his health back, and his "Light the Fuse" which is a spin on "Down but not Out" phase (except with high explosives) is pretty awesome! But I stress this, He can't handle large groups. Sure he is good at taking them out with the above skills but time and health are a HUGE factor. And as said above He can't fight air worth a damn.

Krieg Skill Trees
Now I fully intend to go into both his "Hellborn" and "Bloodlust" Skill Trees, but for now, it's a ground game for me. Hulking out on Bandits and Robots alike is the most fun I've had in a while in BL2. And I hope that progress in the other Skill Trees will help him be a more effective fighter...

But for now Krieg, stick to beating up the mooks, cause anything higher is too hot to handle


"STAY TUNED FOR AN UPDATED VERSION AS I PROGRESS WITH THIS CHARACTER"

No comments:

Post a Comment