About Geek Circus

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Our blog Geek Circus; Samantha & Dylan: Mother and Son team that mesh together their love/obsessions of Gaming, Comics,TV Series, Movies, Books, Collecting, Observations, Photos, T-shirts & Cats. Ramblings. Dylan: Artist,"Passionate" Gamer, Toy Collector, Storyteller, Aspiring Video/Photographer, 16 Dragonborn Paladin, Fanboy; Gamer videos. Samantha: Women geek out too! Journalistic tendencies. My writing has been geared towards Geek Culture, interests from my childhood influenced by 60s,70s,80s. What I enjoy the most about geek culture is meeting interesting people, and telling their stories. X-Files!!!!

Thursday 2 May 2013

Must See Movies 2013: Samantha's Picks

Spring and Summer is the time when the movie theaters start to really heat up with Hollywood heavy weights. You got your block buster big budget films and sleeper hits festive favorites. These are a few of the movies I will happily pay my $10 and hope to be very satisfied and thrilled. The movies based on book always give me cause for concern though. All I can do is hope for the best and pray its not another Eragon movie! I wish I could erase that and others from my brain!! 





Iron Man 3 - May 3rd: I know I know! Its a given right? Who doesn't want or love to see Tony Stark/Iron Man/Robert Downey Jr.!! I don't think I need a summery of the plot here but let me just say I am VERY much looking forward to Ben Kinglsy (who is one of my absolute favorite people on the planet) as the villain, Mandarin. I'm FLIPPING OUT!!! MAY 3RD IS ALMOST HERE!!!




The Great Gatsby: Basically because everything  Leonardo DiCaprio is involved in is pretty fantastic! I'm sure this re-telling of the classic novel won't disappoint.



Star Trek 2 Into the Darkness: Never been much of a Star Trek fan, but thanks to J.J. Abrams I am looking forward to the is movie (and Benedict Cumberbatch). I have faith in J.J. Abrams that he will do fantastic things with Star Wars.




The Colony: Post apocalyptic world , yet set in a different type of environment disaster, the second ice-age. Post apocalyptic films are one of guilty pleasures. Hopefully this movie delivers some new twists on an old over done theme


Monster University: The prequel to Monsters Inc. I sure most parents have a soft spot for this movie as I do. Much like the Toy Story movies, I hope to enjoy this film as well!


Much Ado About Nothing: I am a Shakespeare fan and I enjoy watching the modern twists and different Directors styles. And because its Joss Whedon, plus a lot of our beloved actors we have grown to love because of the characters they have played in the Whedonverse (Nathan Fillion!). I think this is going to be a brilliantly entertaining film!

Lone Ranger: Oh Yes! Growing up, I was fed a steady diet of classic shows such as the Lone Ranger. And I pretty much enjoy anything Johnny Depp does. That's not bias at all. I love you Johnny Depp, even in Cry Baby!!!


Gallowwalkers: This movie's initial release was 2010, instead it is due to be released this year! Just in time for Wesley Snipes' release from federal prison.This movie looks fantastically cheesy!! Zombies in the Old West! I have missed Wesley Snipes and his epic voice very much. Looking forward to new projects from Mr. Snipes.

Pacific Rim: I LOVE GIANT ROBOTS!!! (Its the ONLY reason why I don't totally detest Micheal Bay) And over the top action movies. Lets just hope Pacific Rim is highly entertaining and the best parts are not just what we see in the trailer. Starring Charlie Hunnam (one of my favs from Sons of Anarchy) Idris Elba and Ron Perlman, directed by Guillermo del Toro. How can this movie not be incredible!!!





Rounding out my MUST SEE Movies: The Wolverine, again like Iron Man 3, its a no-brainier!! Red 2 and The Mortal Instruments. The books are very well written with a vast, epic mythology. Hopefully the movie delivers too!

Happy Movie viewing Geekdom. Let me know what films you are looking forward too!



No comments:

Post a Comment