About Geek Circus

My photo
Ontario, Canada
Our blog Geek Circus; Samantha & Dylan: Mother and Son team that mesh together their love/obsessions of Gaming, Comics,TV Series, Movies, Books, Collecting, Observations, Photos, T-shirts & Cats. Ramblings. Dylan: Artist,"Passionate" Gamer, Toy Collector, Storyteller, Aspiring Video/Photographer, 16 Dragonborn Paladin, Fanboy; Gamer videos. Samantha: Women geek out too! Journalistic tendencies. My writing has been geared towards Geek Culture, interests from my childhood influenced by 60s,70s,80s. What I enjoy the most about geek culture is meeting interesting people, and telling their stories. X-Files!!!!

Thursday 9 May 2013

Dylan's Top 5 Games

Ah yes, the egocentric, Top Five. I personally enjoyed all these titles, start to finish. Now they might not be the best games ever made, some might be downright terrible. But they had the power to make me love them regardless! They range from RPG's to RTS's...anyways, here they are...MY TOP FIVE GAMES (Until I lose interest in them and edit this list!)


NUMBER 5

Supreme Commander 2
A Real Time Strategy Game, that puts players in the boots of three commanders. Starting with UEF a more infantry based army, going to Illuminate which relies on specialty units and taking control of other players units, and Cybran (my personal favorite) which goes for more of a "Zerg Rush" aggro style.  It's a very interesting way of story telling, going from faction to faction, with each starting mission setting the stage for the intersecting story points. As for back story, well you kinda get most of it during the game. However seeing as how this game has almost nothing to do with the first game (the story is based around some giant hyper advanced teraformer) you don't need to worry about jumping in on a sequel. I love RTSs and Supreme Commander is one of my favorites. And will always have a special place on my shelf.

Red Dead Redemption
Now I could go on for ever about how this game has amazing graphics, awesome story telling, and how it accurately depicts the Old West...BUT LET'S THROW THAT OUT A WINDOW! I LOVED this game!! Not for the sole reason that you are literally A GUN TOTING BAD-ASS IN THE MID-WEST. I mean, I spent  possibly 50 hours on the starting area, just BEING A COWBOY. How could you resist the urge to rob banks, tie people to train tracks, and just...BE A COWBOY! I fought law-men for hours on end before I was killed...It was amazing! And you what, it still is. Thanks Rockstar (for the actual game...not the cougars. Seriously their like stealth jets, they just KILL you)

Borderlands
  Bandits. Blood. AND LOADS OF LOOT!
This game is like someone took The Legend of Zelda, and dumped every conceivable gun into it. It is SO FUN! It also has of the most humorous Boss intros of any game. Like Nine Toes...hehehe ah Nine Toes. The way it looks is totally amazing, and I can't wait to finish the second game with Krieg (and Bandit version of Brick) and I highly recommend this game to everyone...that being said, not everyone can tolerate Claptrap, arguably more annoying then that fairy thing in the Zelda games.


The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind
Now I know what some of you are thinking..."Out of all the Elder Scroll games, he chooses this one?" Yes, Morrowind is better, because it wasn't dumbed down, things were harder in Morrowind, you had to find the separate pieces of armor, spells were more complex and so was enchanting, and of course armor and weapons deteriorated over time making smiting a must. Also all those crazy glitches are STILL THERE, on consoles you can make entire armies of summoned monsters, and wage a brutal war on the town guards. And I'm sticking with this, It was harder, A LOT HARDER. Granted if you had the right gear you could walk up to the games boss and beat him down, But the game itself was brutal, there was no regenerating health, blocking was hard, and of course the blast reputation system with the NPCs. It's because it was harder and more complex then Bethesdas more recent games, is it my second pick.

The Mass Effect series
The Mass Effect games may have been dealt a cruel hand of late, but this game is one of the few that ever made me care about the characters. From the first game to final moments of the third, I've been heavily invested in each of the characters. And when one was lost to the series, I had feels. Certainly story-wise it's one of the best games out there...game play is another story, most of the time it's repetitive, Go Here-Shoot That, but some how it works, with the command system you felt like a real commander, you felt like you were actually fighting it out with/against aliens. And even though the "ending" bombed, I was rather happy with the death of Sheppard (he was becoming a bit to god like for me) and am real excited to see what they come up with next.


In Loving Memory of the Geth Mobile Platform, Legion

No comments:

Post a Comment